*Add the convenience of accessing this book anytime, anywhere on your personal device with the eTextbook version for only $59 at ppi2pass.com/etextbook-program.*
Michael R. Lindeburg PE’s FE Electrical and Computer Review Manual offers complete review for the FE Electrical and Computer exam.
Features of FE Electrical and Computer Review include:
- complete coverage of all exam knowledge areas
- equations, figures, and tables of the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to familiarize you with the reference you’ll have on exam day
- concise explanations supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the theory and application of fundamental concepts
- a robust index with thousands of terms to facilitate referencing
- Circuit Analysis and Linear Systems
- Communications and Signal Processing
- Computer Networks and Systems
- Control Systems
- Digital Systems
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Sciences
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Probability and Statistics
- Properties of Electrical Materials
- Software Development
Important notice! It has been brought to our attention that counterfeit PPI books have been circulating. Counterfeit books have missing material as well as incorrect and outdated content.
While we are actively working to resolve this issue, we would like our customers to be aware that this issue exists and to be leary of books not purchased directly through PPI. If you suspect a fraudulent seller, please email details to [email protected]
- I took the FE Electrical and Computer exam yesterday and let me tell you something…buying this book and doing the problems was a complete waste of money and time. The book is great at touching on sections and formulas which are listed on the FE Reference manual, but the problems is that none of the book questions resembled the questions on the FE exam. The problems on the book were way easier than the FE exam because they were “plug and chug”. The problems on the Fe exam were structured differently and were simply harder. I relied on this book greatly and thought I was going to pass because I was under the impression that the FE exam questions were going to be structured very similar to what was on the book. Big mistake. Don’t rely solely on this book. Find other books and do problems, problems, and more problems.
- This book is good in that it covers the wide array of topics you can expect to see. It goes nicely with the actual reference material you will have on the exam. However be aware that this manual also misguided me in some way in the simplicity of it’s in chapter examples. For instance, one of it’s chapters only briefly mentions Rate of Return. However, in it’s pre-chapter questions it asks for Rate of Return, which can only be found efficiently by using a program such as Excel or TI-89. Why would an FE review manual even pose such a question. Clearly we wouldn’t be expected to solve it on the exam. I know this is a very specific example, but there are hundreds more I’ve spent countless hours trying to solve only to realize it is a waste of time in preparing for the actual exam.
My advice: use this book to study the overall concepts and help get yourself familiar with the reference manual. Then leading up to the exam I would lean more heavily on an actual NCEES practice exam.
- I passed the FE exam (Electrical and Computer) earlier this month using only this book and the NCEES practice exam. While I just graduated from an ABET-accredited electrical engineering bachelor’s degree program two months ago, there were a few topics that I had not thoroughly reviewed for a year or more, and this book was perfect as a quick refresher. However, there were several sections that I thought were not adequately explained (the chapter on digital signal processing was particularly difficult to follow in some places). I think this book works best for recent graduates like me. For those who have been out of school for some time, I would still recommend this book, but only in conjunction with other books and resources that may offer a more in-depth treatment of the exam topics.
- I have been out of school for 4 years. I bought this book along with the practice problems. I would review 1 to 4 topics a week depending on the topic. I would then do the practice problems once I was done reviewing the topic in the review manual. I think this is a wonderful resource that helps breaks down some of the questions you might see on the FE exam. Although I caught a few problems with errors it is overall a great book to have especially if you have been out of school for a little while. I was happy to find out I passed a few months ago. I would not have known where to begin to study without this book.
- This is a great book to prepare you for the Electrical and Computer FE Exam. I am a 2011 B.S.E.E graduate and the way the book is structured helped me tremendously re-learn and review topics I have not encountered since college like Calculus, Engineering science, Electromagnetics, etc…Anyway, If you you go through the book and follow instructions in the preface, you should be well prepared for the FE Exam. I also recommend purchasing the FE Practice Exam on the NCEES website and use it as a study tool as well as to gauge how you are doing before taking the official exam. I just took the Electrical and Computer FE (May 2016) and I passed! Good luck to all who are preparing for the FE!
- Terrific book! Purchased it two months in advance but due to procrastination, I ended up only studying this book three days before my FE exam. However, the material and layout is great for skimming through it quickly in absorbing most of the materials that I still passed the exam with only three days with the book! (However, I would recommend against putting it off to the last three days and actually dedicate an appropriate amount of time to go through the book; one to two months). Also, the textbook comes with an online access code which lasts for one month. Great for studying on the go without the need to actually carry around this book.
- I used this book as my review for the FE along with the NCEES practice exam and equation book(which you can use on the exam). I received my results and passed. I followed the book in order. This book isn’t going to teach a whole new topic but it does a great job in explaining the basics which is all you need. There were some things it could have done better such as some of the computer and network stuff. Also, I didn’t read every page, but I did go through every problem. I would highly recommend this to anyone taking the FE.
I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because for 200 dollars it should have contained a little more detail for certain things.